Week 4 Injury Report:
Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys, Questionable (Knee): Dez looks like he will have an MRI soon to see if there is anything going on inside his knee, but even before we know the results of that you were probably already thinking of leaving Dez out of your lineups. The rapport that he looked to have with rookie Dak Prescott in preseason is not panning out on the field so far in the regular season for one reason or another. You probably drafted Dez pretty high so I would not give up on him quite yet, unless that MRI reveals something major.
Tyler Eifert, TE, Cincinnati Bengals, Questionable (Ankle): There is no denying that this young talent is a game changer when healthy. He now has the relationship with Andy Dalton that you look for in a quality QB/TE combo. No one in the NFL high points a football better than Tyler Eifert. You may have to wait one more week for him but when he is healthy he is a must start in all formats.
Kenneth Dixon, RB, Baltimore Ravens, Questionable (Knee): The Ravens are very quietly a very strong team this year with one of the most underrated Defensive units in the NFL. Which is why I’m very excited to see what Kenneth Dixon can do when he comes back from Injury. Joe Flacco has been throwing the ball very well and Mike Wallace is taking the tops off of opposing Defenses still, and that should create running room for the rookie back underneath. Because of their defensive unit the Ravens should be in a lot of games late meaning the running game is always open for business unlike some teams in the league. (See Saints, Lions, Colts). If you can pick Kenneth Dixon up on waivers you might be able to pluck a diamond out of thin air.
Jeremy Langford, RB, Chicago Bears, Week to Week (Ankle): Jeremy Langford is really fast. I mean really fast. But it looks like his recovery time from an ankle injury is going to be slow. 4-6 weeks slow. The Bears turn to Rookie RB Jordan Howard in his absence. This is Howard’s shot to prove to the Bears that he is an every down back and that he can tote the rock full time for them. Howard is available in most leagues and should be added immediately. I believe Howard will come out this injury in much better shape than Langford, and relegate Langford to a “change of pace” type role. Sorry Langford, but the truth hurts sometimes.
Here are other notable injuries we are monitoring throughout the week. Their status will become clearer as the weekend approaches and No Huddle will send out a complete updated report as this week’s practices come to a close this weekend.Notable injuries: For Week 4
- Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks, Questionable (Knee)
- Jay Cutler, QB, Chicago Bears, Uncertain, (Hand)
- Jonathan Stewart, RB, Carolina Panthers, Week to week (Hamstring)
- Jamaal Charles, RB, Kansas City Chiefs, Week to Week (Knee)
- Arian Foster, RB, Miami Dolphins, Week to Week (Groin)
- Shane Vereen, RB, NY Giants, IR Out for Season (Biceps)
- Rashaad Jennings, RB, NY Giants, Day to Day (Thumb)
- Ryan Matthews, RB, Philadelphia Eagles, Out (Ankle)
- Thomas Rawls, RB, Seattle Seahawks, Week to Week (Leg)
- Doug Martin, RB, TB Buccaneers, Week to Week (Hamstring)
- Donte Moncrief, WR, Indianapolis Colts, Uncertain (Shoulder)
- Josh Doctson, WR, Washington Redskins, Uncertain (Achilles)
- Willie Snead, WR, NO Saints, Week to Week (Toe)
- Michael Flyod, WR, Arizona Cardinals, Week to Week (concussion)
- Julio Jones, WR, Atlanta Falcons, Questionable (Calf)
- Mohamed Sanu, WR, Atlanta Falcons, Questionable (Shoulder)
- Sammy Watkins, WR, Buffalo Bills, Week to Week (Foot)
- Braxton Miller, WR, Houston Texans, Week to Week (Hamstring)
- Virgil Green, TE, Denver Broncos, Week to Week (Calf)
- Jared Cook, TE, Green Bay Packers, Week to Week (Ankle)
- Jordan Cameron, TE, Miami Dolphins, Week to Week (Concussion)
- Zach Ertz, TE, Philadelphia Eagles, Week to Week (Ribs)
- Antonio Gates, TE, San Diego Chargers, Week to Week (Hamstring)
As always, if you have questions about the injury report or your team, contact us @No_HuddleFFB on twitter.