Week 6 Injuries: Monday
Cody Kessler QB Cleveland Browns (Ribs) /Charlie Whitehurst QB Cleveland Browns (Knee): As if things are not bad enough in Cleveland now both QBs sustained injury in their game this week against the Pats. The only winless team in the league now potentially turn back to Josh McCown to be under center this week against Tennessee. McCown, who was just recently cleared to practice again, may be forced right back into the hotseat if Rookie third rounder Cody Kessler cannot play with what Coach Hue Jackson is calling a “pain tolerance thing”. Charlie Whitehurst does not look like he will be ready after hyperextending his knee late in the game against the Pats. Whitehurst, the fifth QB to play for the Browns in five games this year, is listed as day to day. I beg the question, when will Terrelle Pryor get in at QB in all this mess? I guess if you’re the Browns you do not want to see him hurt so maybe never. Good thing the Cavs won a championship and this year and the Indians are in the playoffs. Breathe Deep Cleveland fans, you’re on the clock.
Steve Smith SR Baltimore Ravens WR (Ankle): It did not look as bad as some of the high ankle sprains that I have seen this year, but I’m no doctor. He did not return to the game after leaving in the first quarter, but Smith’s toughness is legendary around the league. Coming off a year missed to an Achilles, my money would be on Smith finding a way onto the field. Even though he’s 37 now, Smith is just one of those throwback guys that I would never bet against.
Trevor Siemian QB Denver Broncos (Shoulder): There was a lot of chatter last week in the Denver sports media about wanting to see what the Broncos had in Rookie first rounder Paxton Lynch. Well they got their wish this week against a mediocre Falcons defense. This week all I hear is how Trevor Siemian cannot get healthy fast enough. Siemian was limited in practice last week, so monitor his status as this is a short week for the Broncos as they travel to San Diego for a Thursday night tussle with the Chargers. If Siemian can play, he has a great matchup and should have his full compliment of playmakers. Monitor Demaryius Thomas as he is coming off a minor hip injury. He should play as well Thursday night.
Jonathan Stewart RB Carolina Panthers (Hamstring): Looks like the Panthers are optimistic that Jonathan Stewart could return in Week 6. He should be a spark to a struggling Panthers running game. He Comes back to face a Saints team that ranks 25th in the league against the run in New Orleans. Obviously hamstring injuries are notorious for flaring up during the week so monitor this injury closely. If Stewart does come back look for the Panthers to lean on him heavily to protect Cam Newton or to help Derek Anderson if Newton misses another game.
Here are other notable injuries we are monitoring throughout the week. Their status will become clearer as the weekend approaches and No Huddle will send out a complete updated report as this week’s practices come to a close this weekend.
Notable injuries: For Week 6:
- Carson Palmer QB Arizona Cardinals (Concussion)
- Jay Cutler QB Chicago Bears (Thumb)
- Cam Newton QB Carolina Panthers (Concussion)
- Matt Forte RB New York Jets (Unknown)
- Thomas Rawls RB Seattle Seahawks (Leg)
- Arian Foster, RB, Miami Dolphins (Groin)
- Jonathan Stewart, RB, Carolina Panthers (Hamstring)
- Rashad Jennings, RB, NY Giants (Thumb)
- Doug Martin, RB, TB Buccaneers (Hamstring)
- Jeremy Hill RB Cincinnati Bengals (Shoulder)
- Eddie Lacy RB Green Bay Packers (Ankle)
- Latavius Murray RB Oakland Raiders (Toe)
- Charles Sims RB Tampa Bay Buccaneers Knee (IR out for the season)
- Jeremy Langford RB Chicago Bears (Ankle)
- Dwayne Washington RB Detroit Lions (Ankle)
- Dez Bryant WR Dallas Cowboys (Knee)
- Eric Decker WR New York Jets (Shoulder)
- Josh Doctson WR Washington Redskins (Achilles)
- Sammy Watkins WR Buffalo Bills (Foot)
- Kevin White WR Chicago Bears (Ankle):
- Donte Moncrief WR Indianapolis Colts (Shoulder)
- Mohamed Sanu Atlanta Falcons WR (Shoulder
- Demaryius Thomas WR Denver Broncos (Hip)
- Stefon Diggs WR Minnesota Vikings (Groin)
- Corey Coleman WR Cleveland Browns (Hand)
- Tyler Eifert TE Cincinnati Bengals (Back)
- Julius Thomas TE Jacksonville Jaguars (Elbow)
As always, feel free to contact us on twitter @No_HuddleFFB with questions!