by Daniel Hall
Week 9 Injuries: Tuesday
Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers (Knee): Steeler fans rejoice. Big Ben was back to practicing on a limited basis this week. He could be looking to a week 9 return. Ben has always beat most projections for returning from injury. He is as tough as they come and there is no doubt that when is he is the lineup it makes that Steelers offense hum. Monitor this situation this week and if Ben can go he must be in your lineup.
DeMarco Murray RB Tennessee Titans (Toe): Murray has turned up again this season. He is running with abandon and scoring fantasy points. He has consistently been an RB1 this year and it was very unsettling for his fantasy owners when Murray went out with a toe injury this week. He came back and ran the ball effectively after the injury, but the Titans have announced that they want to monitor the injury this week through practice. I would recommend that you do the same thing. If he is healthy, get him in your line up.
Spencer Ware RB Kansas City Chiefs (Concussion): Ware left Sunday’s game against the Colts with a concussion. Ware has been on fire, filling in for Jamaal Charles in Andy Reid’s RB-friendly offense. Now that he is in the concussion protocol he must be cleared by an independent neurologist to play this week against the abysmal Jaguars. If he can play, then he is a must start in all formats against the Jags.
Randall Cobb WR Green Bay Packers (Hamstring): Cobb missed a lot of practice last week with the same injury, ultimately resulting in Cobb missing the game against the Falcons. The Packers could desperately use the versatility of the all-pro at WR and at RB, especially with TY Montgomery struggling with affects from sickle cell trait. Cobb was having his best stretch of the season fantasy wise heading into this week’s injury. If he can play this week you will want him in your line up again against the Colts.
Here are other notable injuries we are monitoring throughout the week. Their status will become clearer as the weekend approaches and No Huddle will send out a complete updated report as this week’s practices come to a close this weekend
Notable Injuries For Week 9:
- Alex Smith QB Kansas City Chiefs (Concussion)
- Cody Kessler QB Cleveland Browns (Concussion)
- Jamaal Charles RB Kansas City Chiefs (Knee)
- CJ Anderson RB Denver Broncos (Knee)
- LeSean McCoy RB Buffalo Bills (Hamstring)
- Ty Montgomery RB/WR Green Bay Packers (Illness)
- Tevin Coleman RB Atlanta Falcons (Hamstring)
- Jacquizz Rodgers RB Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Foot)
- Matt Jones RB Washington Red
- Thomas Rawls RB Seattle Seahawks (Leg)
- Carlos Hyde RB San Francisco 49ers (Shoulder)
- Dion Lewis RB New England Patriots (Knee)
- Doug Martin RB TB Buccaneers (Hamstring)
- Jerrick McKinnon RB Minnesota Vikings (Ankle)
- Travis Benjamin WR San Diego Chargers (Knee)
- Larry Fitzgerald WR Arizona Cardinals (Ankle)
- Antonio Brown WR Pittsburgh Steelers (Hip)
- Will Fuller WR Houston Texans (Leg)
- Steve Smith WR Baltimore Ravens (Ankle)
- Sammy Watkins WR Buffalo Bills (Foot)
- Julio Jones WR Atlanta Falcons (Leg)
- Sammie Coates WR Pittsburgh Steelers (Finger)
- Jacob Tamme TE Atlanta Falcons (Shoulder)
- Dwayne Allen TE Indianapolis Colts (Ankle)