by Daniel Hall
Week 11 Injuries: Tuesday
Jordan Howard RB Chicago Bears: So, this is a tricky one. Howard was virtually a non-factor in the second half of last week’s game with the Bears citing that Howard had suffered an ankle/Achilles injury. However, Howard was quick to dismiss these claims saying “I ain’t suffer nothing”. Keep your eye on this situation Howard is a great back when healthy and being used. Keep in mind thought that if he is in the doghouse for some reason he can’t help your Fantasy team. Watch this close moving forward.
Larry Fitzgerald WR Arizona Cardinals: Fitz should have an MRI today to determine if his neck is good to go. He continued to play in the game on Sunday, so it does not appear that this is going be an injury that will hold him out a long period. If you are a Fitz owner I would continue to monitor the reports on this injury through the week as the Cards are known for being cautious with injured stars.
Tevin Coleman RB Atlanta Falcons: Not having Tevin Coleman has affected the Falcons offense more than I thought that it would. Especially on passing downs. Though Freeman and Coleman are very similar backs in size and running style. I like the way that the Falcons use Coleman in the passing game. That makes him very valuable fantasy asset, especially in a PPR league.
Dion Lewis RB New England Patriots: It looks like the Pats are bringing back Dion Lewis in Week 11. Lewis adds another dimension to an already layered Patriots attack when healthy. That is scary. The Pats have looked virtually unstoppable this season since Brady has come back. Gronk is on fire, Bennett has added something to that offense, and they have Blount, Edelman, White, and Amendola. Lewis will be a welcome addition to an already potent arsenal with a great matchup in 49ers coming up.
Rob Gronkowski TE New England Patriots: Gronk complimented Ear Thomas on how hard the hit it was that he took from him. Now, it looks like it is possible that he could miss some with a chest injury. It was first reported that he could have suffered a punctured lung that was not considered “not overly serious.” It is now being reported that isn’t true and that it is just a simple injury and he may not miss any time. We will watch reports closely all week.
Here are other notable injuries we are monitoring throughout the week. Their status will become clearer as the weekend approaches and No Huddle will send out a complete updated report as this week’s practices come to a close this weekend Notable injuries: For Week 9:
- Tony Romo QB Dallas Cowboys (Back)
- Ryan Fitzpatrick QB New York Jets (Knee)
- DeAngelo Williams RB Pittsburgh Steelers (Knee)
- Thomas Rawls RB Seattle Seahawks (Leg)
- Jacquizz Rodgers RB Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Foot)
- Matt Jones RB Washington Redskins (healthy scratch)
- Carlos Hyde RB San Francisco 49ers (Shoulder)
- Lamar Miller RB Houston Texans (Shoulder/Ankle)
- Alshon Jeffery WR Chicago Bears (Susp. PEDS)
- Victor Cruz WR NY Giants (Ankle)
- Michael Floyd WR Arizona Cardinals (Neck)
- Travis Benjamin WR San Diego Chargers (Knee)
- DeSean Jackson WR Washington Redskins (Shoulder)
- Will Fuller WR Houston Texans (Knee)
- Russell Shepard WR Kansas City Chiefs (Hip)
- Markus Wheaton WR Pittsburgh Steelers (Shoulder)
- Sammy Watkins WR Buffalo Bills (Foot)
- Jeremy Maclin WR Kansas City Chiefs (Groin)
- Jacob Tamme TE Atlanta Falcons (Shoulder)
- Jarred Cook TE Green Bay Packers (Ankle)