by Daniel Hall
Week 12 Injuries: Tuesday
Giovanni Bernard RB Cincinnati Bengals: It looks like the Bengals will be without Gio the rest of the year as it appears he has a torn ACL. He will go to the I.R. and miss the remainder of the season. This is bad news for Bernard and his owners. However, this may spell opportunity for Jeremy Hill owners. Hill looks to gain the entire Bengal workload and that is a huge opportunity for a back that has shown tremendous ability to produce in the past with these scenarios.
AJ Green WR Cincinnati Bengals: The Bengals did get some good news on the injury front. Well if that’s what you would call not getting the worst news. AJ Green’s injury was expected to be worse than it has turned out to be. Marvin Lewis announced that Green would at least be out this weekend. He will be week to week from there. Again, it looks as if out of this misfortune there may be some opportunity for young rookie Tyler Boyd. He stepped up in the absence of Green last week.
Andrew Luck QB Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck has been entered in the Concussion protocol. That is bad news for the Colts who have a short week this week. They play the Steelers this week on Thanksgiving. I do not know if there is enough time for Luck to come out of this to play this week, especially when he must be cleared by an independent neurologist. If you are chasing a Defense this week then I would advise the Steelers. Frank Gore also has become an interesting play this week.
CJ Prosise RB Seattle Seahawks: Prosise looks like he will be out a while. He looks to miss up to 8 weeks with a Scapula injury. These injuries take a notoriously long time to heal. Especially, when you are talking about a position like RB that takes contestant hits to the upper body. Look for Thomas Rawls to carry the load in full moving forward. Alex Collins should spell Rawls, but could still be in the doghouse from his week 10 fumble.
Notable injuries: For Week 12:
- Cody Kessler QB Cleveland Browns (Concussion)
- Jay Cutler QB Chicago Bears (Shoulder)
- LeSean McCoy RB Buffalo Bills (Thumb)
- TJ Yeldon RB Jacksonville Jaguars (Ankle)
- Ryan Matthews RB Philadelphia Eagles (Knee)
- Darren Sproles RB Philadelphia Eagles (Ribs)
- Jamaal Charles RB Kansas City Chiefs (Knee)
- CJ Anderson RB Denver Broncos (Knee)
- DeAngelo Williams RB Pittsburgh Steelers (Knee)
- Jacquizz Rodgers RB Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Foot)
- Tevin Coleman RB Atlanta Falcons (Hamstring)
- Robert Woods WR Buffalo Bills (Leg)
- Travis Benjamin WR San Diego Chargers (Knee)
- Jeremy Maclin WR Kansas City Chiefs (Groin)
- Darius Heyward-Bey WR Pittsburgh Steelers (Foot)
- Markus Wheaton WR Pittsburgh Steelers (Shoulder)
- Sammy Watkins WR Buffalo Bills (Foot)
- Zack Miller TE Chicago Bears (Foot)
- Rob Gronkowski TE New England Patriots (Chest)