by Daniel Hall
Week 13 Initial Injury report
Rob Gronkowski TE New England Patriots: Gronk left the game in the first quarter with a back injury in the 1st quarter and did not return. Gronk has a history of back injuries and this could be one that is worth keeping an eye on as the week progresses. The Pats are notoriously bad with delivering injury information through the week. Hopefully, Gronk owners get more than a quarter of action if he can go next week.
Derek Carr QB Oakland Raiders: Carr broke/separated/sustained an injury to his pinkie on his throwing hand on a botched snap early in the third quarter. Carr came back to the game with a glove on his hand and looked like he could still throw the ball pretty well. These injuries flare up through the week and make it difficult to practice. I would not be surprised to see Carr limited this week, but I would bet he would play this week versus the Bills in Oakland.
Jordan Reed TE Washington Redskins: Reid suffered a separated shoulder on a big hit in the back of the endzone against the Cowboys. He came back to the game and played very well, however, a separated shoulder is an injury that could make Reid miss some time. I would monitor him this week and if he can go he has to be in your lineup. Reid is quickly becoming a star in the Redskin O and a top 5 fantasy TE weekly.
Odell Beckham Jr. WR New York Giants: OBJ suffered a right thumb injury on Sunday and then came back out and torched the Browns to the tune of almost 100 and two TD’s. Anytime a Fantasy star the likes of OBJ goes into the locker room you hold your breath, but it looks like you can breathe easy with OBJ. I’d expect him to play this week and play well against the Steelers in Pittsburgh.
Notable injuries: For Week 12:
- Jay Cutler QB Chicago Bears (Shoulder)
- Theo Riddick RB Detriot Lions (Ankle)
- Lamar Miller RB Houston Texans (Ankle)
- TJ Yeldon RB Jacksonville Jaguars (Ankle)
- Chris Ivory RB Jacksonville Jaguars (Hamstring)
- CJ Prosise RB Seattle Seahawks (Shoulder)
- Ryan Matthews RB Philadelphia Eagles (Knee)
- Jamaal Charles RB Kansas City Chiefs (Knee)
- CJ Anderson RB Denver Broncos (Knee)
- DeAngelo Williams RB Pittsburgh Steelers (Knee)
- Jacquizz Rodgers RB Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Foot)
- Charles Sims RB Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Knee)
- Stefon Diggs WR Minnesota Vikings (Knee)
- John Brown WR Arizona Cardinals (Hamstring)
- Robert Woods WR Buffalo Bills (Leg)
- AJ Green WR Cincinnati Bengals (Hamstring)
- TY Hilton WR Indianapolis Colts (Back)
- Allen Hurns WR Jacksonville Jaguars (Hamstring)
- DeVante Parker WR Miami Dolphins (Back)
- Jeremy Maclin WR Kansas City Chiefs (Groin)
- Tyrell Williams WR San Diego Chargers (Shoulder)
- Travis Benjamin WR San Diego Chargers (Knee)
- Zack Miller TE Chicago Bears (Foot)
- Crockett Gilmore TE Baltimore Ravens (Thigh)
- Julius Thomas TE Jacksonville Jaguars (Back)