by Chris Foster
This is a weekly column that looks at the best defenses to chase throughout each week of the season. The goal is to give you a few defenses that should be available in your league that will give you an advantage at the defensive position each week.
Titans (@ Jags): The Titans will be playing for their playoff lives again this week against a Jacksonville team that just fired their head coach and are falling apart. The Titans have been pretty solid defensively and have worked well for us in the past, and I am counting on them bringing home some championship numbers this weekend! They are owned in about 15% of leagues.
49ers (@ Rams): Probably our most dareful play of the year! This defense has been dreadful but does anyone remember week 1 when they shutout the Rams. I am not saying it is going to happen again, but anytime I can stream a defense against a rookie QB I am willing to take the chance. I actually think I am going to make this my play of the week!
Revisiting Last Week:
Redskins (v. Panthers): What a letdown. They gave up 26 points and recorded 2 sacks. I am disappointed. 2 Fantasy points.
Colts (@Vikings): We nailed the Colts. I hope you went with this one over the Redskins pick. (#NoHTTR) The Colts held the Vikings to 6 points and had 1 interceptions and 2 fumble recoveries to go along with 5 sacks. All in all, that should have gotten you somewhere around 15 points in your fantasy league!
Pipe Dream: (Team we wish we picked up)
Colts (@Vikings): They were the best, least owned defense around!
We got to put our money where our mouth is, so here is how we have done so far this season!
- Week 1: 49ers D vs. Rams = 14 points
- Week 2: Ravens D vs. Browns = 10 points
- Week 3: Dolphins D vs. Browns= 3 points
- Week 4: Titans D vs. Texans= 5 points
- Week 5: Dolphins D vs. Titans= 7 points
- Week 6: Lions D vs. Rams= 2 points
- Week 7: Dolphins D vs. Bills= 6 points
- Week 8: Cowboys D vs. Eagles= 7 points
- Week 9: Dolphins D vs. Jets= 13 points
- Week 10: Redskins D vs. Vikings= 5 points
- Week 11: Dolphins D vs. Rams= 8 points
- Week 12: Saints D vs. Rams= 9 points
- Week 13: Bears D vs. 49ers= 15 points (End of Regular Season= 104 PTS, 4th Best Def.)
- Week 14: Titans D vs. Broncos= 10 Points
- Weel 15: Redskins D vs. Panthers= 2 points
Total = 116 Points
Our 116 points total would make our “Chasing Defense” teams rank as the 5th best defense in the league. That is what chasing defense is supposed to do, give you the best possible defense without having to use a high draft pick on a defense. If you played all the defenses we had listed for the season, you would have had the 4th best defense in the league! Now on to the playoff charge!!
As always, if you have any questions feel free to contact us @No_HuddleFFB on twitter!