This is a weekly column that looks at the best defenses to chase throughout each week of the season. The goal is to give you a few defenses that should be available in your league that will give you an advantage at the defensive position each week.
Play of the Week:
Packers (v. TB): The Packers defense has been mediocre this season, but the Bucs just can’t get anything going on offense. I like this matchup in Green Bay.
Dolphins (v. Den): Trevor Siemien is back and the Dolphins get to host the Broncos. Their defense hasn’t been great, but the Broncos offense has been worse.
Bucs (@ GB): Brett Hundley came alive this past weekend but I am not betting on that happening again. The Packers have been great to saddle up with and play against prior to last week.
Revisiting Last Week:
Redskins (v. NYG): The Redskins worked out well for us this week as they only allowed 4 points, had an interception, and also had 4 sacks. That was good for about 13 fantasy points in your average league.
Pats (v. MIA): The Pats defense continues to dominate. The gave up 11 points, had 2 interceptions, 1 fumble recovery, and had 7 sacks. It was good for 18 fantasy points.
Pipe Dream: (Team we wish we picked up)
We hit it again this week with the Patriots as the best defensive pickup.
We got to put our money where our mouth is, so here is how we have done so far this season!
- Week 1: Rams D vs. Colts= 27 points
- Week 2: Ravens D vs. Browns= 16 Points
- Week 3: Dolphins D vs. Jets= 4 Points
- Week 4: Lions D @ Min= 11 points
- Week 5: Bears D v. Min= 6 Points
- Week 6: Skins D v. SF= 5 Points
- Week 7: Cowboys D v. SF= 15 Points
- Week 8: Browns D v. Min= 4 Points
- Week 9: 49ers D v. Ari= 4 Points
- Week 10: Pats D v. Den= 14 Points
- Week 11: Chargers D v. BUF= 25 Points
- Week 12: Redskins D v. NYG= 13 Points
- Total = 144 Points
Our 144 points total would make our “Chasing Defense” teams rank as the #2 defense in the league. We will look for that number to improve this week!