This is a weekly column that looks at the best defenses to chase throughout each week of the season. The goal is to give you a few defenses that should be available in your league that will give you an advantage at the defensive position each week.
This past week wasn’t the greatest week of defenses after we have hit it huge the last several weeks. Hopefully, your intuition kicked in and you played one of the defenses in the Snow Bowl game and came away with a decent number. We have some good plays for your semifinal week though.
Play of the Week:
Saints (v. NYJ): The Saints get to welcome Bryce Petty into the Super Dome and it should be a feast.
Dolphins (@ BUF): I like this matchup even if Tyrod Taylor is playing, but I like it even more if it is against Nathan Peterman or Joe Webb.
Falcons (@ TB): Jamies Winston has been all over the place and has been a turnover machine as of late, the Falcons defense has been getting better and is worth a shot against a struggling offense.
Revisiting Last Week:
Jets (@ DEN): The Jets were just bad in Denver, they only amassed 2 sacks on the day and gave up 23 points and scoring only 4 fantasy points for us.
Browns (v. GB): The Browns, why did we choose this. Next.
Bills (v. IND) or Colts (v. BUF): This was our money game of the week, and it yielded you around 7 fantasy points depending which side of the ball you took.
Pipe Dream: (Team we wish we picked up)
We hit the best team with the Dolphins!
We got to put our money where our mouth is, so here is how we have done so far this season!
- Week 1: Rams D vs. Colts= 27 points
- Week 2: Ravens D vs. Browns= 16 Points
- Week 3: Dolphins D vs. Jets= 4 Points
- Week 4: Lions D @ Min= 11 points
- Week 5: Bears D v. Min= 6 Points
- Week 6: Skins D v. SF= 5 Points
- Week 7: Cowboys D v. SF= 15 Points
- Week 8: Browns D v. Min= 4 Points
- Week 9: 49ers D v. Ari= 4 Points
- Week 10: Pats D v. Den= 14 Points
- Week 11: Chargers D v. BUF= 25 Points
- Week 12: Redskins D v. NYG= 13 Points
- Week 13: Packers D v. TB= 15 Points
- Week 14: Jets D v. DEN= 4 Points
- Total = 163 Points
Our 163 points total would make our “Chasing Defense” teams rank as the #2 defense in the league. Which means that we finished the regular season as the #2 defense in the league, just 3 points behind the Jaguars.
We will continue into the playoffs and see how we finish!