This is a weekly column that looks at the best defenses to chase throughout each week of the season. The goal is to give you a few defenses that should be available in your league that will give you an advantage at the defensive position each week.
It is Championship Week and we got to make sure to hit you up with a defense that we think will be safe, plus deliver a huge upside! I think we will deliver and you can win a Championship along with #NoHuddleNation!
Play of the Week:
For me, it comes down to one matchup and I like both sides of the ball in this one.
Bears v. Browns
Both QBs have been known to turn the ball over, both offenses are content with running the clock and keep it low scoring. As a result, I don’t see a ton of points in this one, and I see points being scored by the defenses!
Revisiting Last Week:
Saints (v. NYJ): Our top play last week ended up being the best of the 3 we chose and it delivered a safe 6 points. We obviously want more, but we can’t be too greedy… right? They finished the day giving up 19 points, had 2 interceptions, and 1 sack.
Dolphins (@ BUF): The Dolphins beat the Patriots the week before and then struggle with the Bills, of course. They netted us about 2 fantasy points after giving up 24 and having 2 sacks.
Falcons (@ TB): The Falcons gave up 21 points, had a fumble recovery, and sacked Jamies Winston 2 times. They delivered 5 fantasy points.
Pipe Dream: (Team we wish we picked up)
Bills (v. MIA): This should have been our play and we would have been rewarded with 11 fantasy points. The Bills hounded Cutler all day!
We got to put our money where our mouth is, so here is how we have done so far this season!
- Week 1: Rams D vs. Colts= 27 points
- Week 2: Ravens D vs. Browns= 16 Points
- Week 3: Dolphins D vs. Jets= 4 Points
- Week 4: Lions D @ Min= 11 points
- Week 5: Bears D v. Min= 6 Points
- Week 6: Skins D v. SF= 5 Points
- Week 7: Cowboys D v. SF= 15 Points
- Week 8: Browns D v. Min= 4 Points
- Week 9: 49ers D v. Ari= 4 Points
- Week 10: Pats D v. Den= 14 Points
- Week 11: Chargers D v. BUF= 25 Points
- Week 12: Redskins D v. NYG= 13 Points
- Week 13: Packers D v. TB= 15 Points
- Week 14: Jets D v. DEN= 4 Points
- Week 15: Saints D v. NYJ- 6 Points
- Total = 169 Points
Our 169 points total would make our “Chasing Defense” teams rank as the #2 defense in the league. Which means that we finished the regular season as the #2 defense in the league, just 3 points behind the Jaguars.
We will continue into the playoffs and see how we finish!